Sold As Individually Specified
Please Note: Roofing sheets are for Local Delivery or Collection Only, for further afield deliveries please call us on 0121 622 2347
Please Note: We cannot accept returns on any of our sheets- this is to ensure our customers are supplied brand-new / scratch-free sheeting each time : Should you wish to discuss this please call us on 0121 622 2347
Versatile, UV resistant economic translucent roofing and cladding sheet
Vistalux corrugated sheeting is the ideal general purpose PVC Sheet with high light transmission and a 10 year guarantee
Mini profile roofing sheets have more frequent but smaller sized corrugation than the 3″ profile roofing sheets
For a roof lean installation, you will need:
- Vistalux PVC Sheet
- Vistalux PVC Wall Flashing
- Vistalux PE Eaves Fillers
- Vistalux Super Fixings
- Flashing Tape
A minimum slope of 5° is essential in any structure to ensure water run-off (10° or more is better).
- Arrange the sheets loosely on the roof, and mark hole positions and any necessary saw cuts with a felt tip pen. Sheets should overhang the roof by 60mm to allow rainfall to run-off into the gutter and should be wide enough to cover the barge board at the side. If cutting is required use an angle grinder with a metal slitting blade or fine tooth saw at a shallow angle with light pressure. Support the sheet to minimise vibrations.
- A good tip when cutting, is to sandwich the sheet between other sheets with the part to be removed protruding. If a sheet must be cut to a finished width, make the cut in the slope of the corrugated sheet. Avoid drilling and cutting sheets in very cold weather. Warm sheets will be less prone to damage. If possible, store sheets in a warm room before cutting.
- Pre-drill sheets before fixing. Please note – holes for fixings must drilled larger than the fixing to allow for expansion. Typically, 10mm for a 3m sheet. Drill sheets singly with a masonry bit, using a low speed drill and light pressure. Support the sheet securely under each hole position when drilling. There should be at least 5 fixings per support across the width of the sheet.
- Vistalux wall flashing to match the sheet corrugation is installed at the top of the slope. The Wall Flashing is fixed firmly into position with Butyl wall flashing tape to form a watertight seal between the sheet and the wall.
- Start fixing sheets . Foam Fillers are used under the sheets at all support positions to prevent roof ‘chatter’ and to support the sheets when fixed. Use screws, caps, and washers to secure the sheet: the screw is sufficiently tight when the washer under its head can just be rotated with finger and thumb.
- If sheets need to be joined end to end, ensure an overlap of at least 150mm for a 10° slope or 300mm for a 5° slope. Use a strip of Butyl Sealing Tape to prevent dust and dirt getting between the sheets.
£1.25 – £19.95 + VAT